Regardless of the size, scale, scope, target audience, field of operation, or niche that you want to work in, our recommended hosts provide plans and packages that meet every need, and that fit into every budget.
"I was initially overwhelmed by the hits I got when I searched for hosting services online. I even put my project on hold because I simply couldn't decide how to move forward! When a friend recommended web.hosting, I decided to give it a try - and within minutes I selected a plan that looked like it was tailored just for me. I even went live the same day! Thanks, guys!"
Reviews and ratings: our unique approach
Price and customer support. Features and plugins. Intuitive GUI and ease of use. Everything your hosting provider has to offer matters, but some things matter more than others.
While rating website hosts on a few key features such as bandwidth, price, or customer reviews is certainly helpful, there is a lot more to it, and different users have different needs. Do you need a dedicated server? Will you run Debian or Ubuntu? What about transferring domains and updating certificates?
To be of better use to end-users such as yourself, our rankings cover everything so you don’t have to, and our list of the top rated web hosts covers the tricky corner cases that may apply to your situation that other rankings simply miss.
What type of web hosting do you need?
Are you starting a blog? Or perhaps a small company page? If yes, you should probably go for a shared hosting plan. Shared plans not only involve hassle-free setup, but they generally offer the lowest cost as well.
Bigger businesses and corporate clients, on the other hand, generally opt for enterprise-level dedicated servers that provide more bandwidth, better security, better backups, and more comprehensive monitoring and admin tools.
Depending on how tech savvy you are, you or may not require a managed hosting plan. This is an important consideration for cases in which your business requires things like root access or frequent updates. The same goes for installing security patches and backups for e-commerce companies.
Your decision comes down to what you need your site to be able to do, and the web host you choose to partner with should guide you as to what is needed, what isn’t, and how to go about getting the most out of your online presence.
Types of websites and technology choices
Here is a quick run-down of a few basics:
- WordPress is the best web hosting choice for beginners. It’s easy to use, works great with small and medium-sized websites, is multifunctional, and there are millions of websites that run on this user-friendly hosting option.
- Joomla servers require a little more technical know-how than WordPress, but they are the top host option for e-commerce and social networking sites.
- Drupal is the most powerful web hosting option out there, but it is pretty tricky to set up, and you need to be pretty good at HTML, CSS and PHP to be able to make use of a Drupal server.
What makes the hosting sites we choose great?
Depending on the nature of your business, you will have different web hosting needs. Everything from e-commerce sites and large company websites to personal blogs all have specific and sometimes unique needs. Our ratings are:
- All-inclusive - we’ve covered not just the top hosting companies but niche providers as well
- Fit - our reviews allow you to pick and choose the hosting provider that gives you what you need, not built-in features that you have no use for
- Comprehensive - from specific technical specs to basic setup features, we’ve covered everything you’d need to get started, and everything you may need tomorrow
Updated regularly, and includes real customer reviews!
As technologies change and website requirements evolve, it’s important that you keep up to date with what’s out there and what’s on offer. We update our rankings and reviews on a regular basis, and always include new customer feedback and comments.
This is especially important when it comes to things like bugs in new releases, or company responses to irregularities in their services. Our rankings come complete with all of the latest updates so you don’t miss a beat.
Making a decision
As people spend more time and more money online, and as your interactions with your customers move beyond your website and to smartphones and tablets, you need to tailor customer experiences not just on a wide range of devices but for different operating systems such as Android and iOS.
Having a reliable hosting company that can take care of such a diverse range of business requirements is a no-brainer.
Signing up with one of the top-ranked hosting providers listed above will have your online presence on solid footing right from the get-go. Click on the provider that best suits your needs to get started today.
What do I need from my web host?
Save time by asking yourself the following questions before selecting a host.
- Do I want to manage server setup and maintenance myself, or let my host take care of things?
- How important is data security to me? Extremely important, very important, or not too important?
- Will I need to regularly change things on my site, or will things be relatively static?
Your answers will narrow down your options, and you’ll also be closer to finding the host that gives you just what you need, without unnecessary (and often costly) bells and whistles.